Thursday, June 10, 2010

John Lennon on Recording with Paul McCartney During Sessions for 'Venus and Mars'

"I was supposed to be going down to join Paul in New Orleans. But my personal life sort of interfered with that. I was just too busy being happy. I reconciled with Yoko . . . we're happier than ever before. It's like the old, old story, when you get someone back that you've lost, it is better than ever. We were so wrapped up in each other that I just never made it to New Orleans, sorry Paul . . . This is no disrespect to anybody else I was having relationships with, but I felt like I was running around with me head off and now I got me head back on. Yoko and I were always in touch, either on the phone or in one way or another. I just sort of came home is what happened. It's like I went out to get a coffee or a newspaper somewhere and it took a year, like Sinbad. I went on a boat and went around the world and had a mad trip, which I'm glad is over. Yoko and I have known each other for nine years, which is a long friendship on any level. We knew we were getting back together and it was just a matter of when. We knew, everybody else might not have, but we did . . . We had a mutual separation and a mutual getting back together. She ain't no chick that you'd say, 'Okay, I'll see you Friday or I'm coming back Monday.' You're dealing with a fully aware human being. There's no dealing with her like you'd treat a chick, you know."

No comments: